Specialising in writing and document production
Barbara Cameron-Smith has extensive experience project managing the delivery and production of annual reports, newsletters, brochures and a range of internal communications.
Media and Communications projects
- undertaking media and communications projects for City of Parramatta Council (previously Parramatta City Council) including staff newsletters, staff intranet, staff forums, internal communications surveys and corporate messaging. 2014 - 2017
- style editing a series of chemical specifications for sewage treatment plants and water treatment plants for the Water Directorate. May 2016
- editing a range of publications for Blacktown City Council, including newsletter, bulletins and an annual report. 2013-15
- preparing a Good Communications Style Guide for Marrickville Council. June 2013
- preparing case study overviews of business models of 16 social enterprises part funded by Parramatta City Council. 2012
- preparing a Business Disruption Communications Strategy for Parramatta City Council as part of Council's Business Continuity Management Plan 2010 - May 2011
- serving as associate editor for ICA Digest, the official magazine of the International Cooperative Alliance (ICA) based in Geneva. 2007 - 2011
- researching and preparing the State of the City Address 2009 and PowerPoint for Parramatta City Council. March 2009
- assisting with development and implementation of Parramatta City Council's Corporate Identity, including editing the style manual, setting up a downloadable staff intranet site, developing a corporate identity training PowerPoint, preparing templates for Publisher and PowerPoint, and assisting with the roll out of corporate identity across Council. June 2004 – February 2005
- producing 10 comprehensive local government annual reports – 2003/04 to 2012/13 for Parramatta City Council.
Responsibilities: Project management, collating content, line and copy editing; organising photographic commissions; liaising with designers and arranging legal deposit, distribution and online posting of annual report.
Editing, organising photographic commissions and key performance indicator design, liaising with designers and arranging legal deposit, distribution and online posting of annual reports.
Council submitted five annual reports to the Australasian Reporting Awards (ARA) for adjudication and feedback, and achieved Silver ranking (2009/10, 2006/07, 2003/04) and Bronze ranking (2008/09 and 2004/05) for the years submitted.